Holi festival is nearing and it is a festival that is full of sweetness. Holi would not be complete without gujiya and other sweets made especially for the festival. Holi is more than just gujiyas. It’s about trying something new and delicious, or something that rhymes well. What about making a homemade cake with a desi twist. You guessed it! This is the thandai maawa cake, which is the perfect combination of videsi and desi in one dessert.
This amazing delight will be a huge hit at your Holi celebrations and will be enjoyed by all ages.
Thandai Spice Mawa cake With Rose Syrup Fresh cream
This Holi special thandai recipe will make it unforgettable.
Ingredients For: Mawa Cake
3/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons corn flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
7 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp khowa or mawa (crumbled)
1/4 cup milk
1 large egg
A lot of almonds
3 tbsp milk
1 tablespoon melon seeds
3 large green cardamom pods
1/3 tsp fennel seeds
1/4 tsp Poppy Seeds
A pinch of saffron
1 cup fresh cream
2 tbsp rose syrup
3 tbsp Castor Sugar
Method for Making: Thandai syrup
* Soak the almonds and melon seeds for at least 2 hours.
* Separately soak the saffron and milk in a separate bowl.
Blend all ingredients together until you have a smooth paste.
* I would describe the texture as a little grainy. This is important to remember.
* First, combine the flour, corn flour, and baking powder.
* Next, grate the mawa.
* Heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 6-inch pan with vegetable oil.
Start by combining the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Continue beating until it becomes creamy.
Mix the mawa and cream together. Beat for about a minute.
Mix the egg into the flour. Then, add half the flour to the egg batter. Fold it in with a spatula.
* Combine the milk with the Thandai spiced syrup, which should be very thick.
* Add the remaining flour to the bowl and fold in.
Mix all ingredients until you have a smooth, lump-free batter.
* Pour the batter into a baking dish and bake for 45-50 min.
By inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake, you can verify that it has been baked correctly.
* Allow the cake to cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes, then invert it on a wire rack.
* Combine the chilled cream and rose syrup until you achieve stiff peaks
Use a spatula to spread a large amount of cream on the first layer. Sandwich it with the second layer. You can decorate the entire cake with nuts or roses, or you can cover it with cream. This mawa cake recipe is simple to follow and you’ll be able to make a delicious dessert. This perfect cake is great for Holi celebrations and will delight the taste buds of all.